American Red Cross Bay Area trained instructors conduct free non-certificate personal preparedness courses for neighborhood and community residents; agency staff and clients; school teachers, staff, parents, and administrators; and local business personnel. The American Red Cross also offers a host-led course option (see FAQ for details).
- Courses are FREE.
- Content focuses on knowledge, skills and actions needed for personal preparedness—wherever and whenever disaster strikes.
- Courses for groups of 25 or more are conducted at your site. Maximum class size is 500.
- Groups with fewer than 25 people are encouraged to request our Do-It-Yourself Disaster Preparedness Course kit, which can be selected under “Course Name” on the form below. This kit provides you with a DVD, a facilitator’s guide and brochures, allowing you to independently facilitate the course at your own site.
- For organizations with 250 or more employees, please call (415) 427-8026 for a customized preparedness education program.
- Our self-guided online course is available to train individuals or groups of any size. Click here to take the course.
- Courses are approximately 60 minutes in length, but can be modified to meet your scheduling needs. Some components can be customized to meet your specific needs.
- Courses can be offered seven days a week in the morning, afternoon or evening.
- Click here for course descriptions and FAQ. [PDF, 31K]
Please fill out the form as completely as possible.
*Course requests require a minimum of three weeks lead time. A Red Cross representative will contact you regarding the next steps in the confirmation process.
For questions: (800) 520-5433