On September 17, 2019, the American Red Cross formally established a Youth Services Program. The American Red Cross Bay Area Chapter youth program started before World War II and continues today to provide young people ages 5 to 18 and young adults with opportunities to learn and serve.
The goal of Red Cross Youth Services is to provide young people with meaningful opportunities for education, training, and community service so that they remain a part of the Red Cross family throughout their lives. Youth and young adults up to age 25 make up 40 percent of all Red Cross volunteers. Youth are not only our future volunteers and leaders but they are also capable volunteers and leaders of today.
ARCBA Youth Services supports the National Strategic Direction by:
- Mobilizing youth in schools and in the community to help prevent, prepare for and respond to disasters and other life-threatening emergencies.
- Actively inspiring a new generation of youth volunteers to enrich our traditional base of support.
- Working with youth to strengthen our financial base through fundraising, and strengthen chapter support systems through youth volunteer efforts.
ARCBA Youth Services activities and programs support a major chapter program priority of:
- Becoming a role model nationwide in emergency preparedness, response and collaborative community partnerships.
- Youth Services supports this chapter goal by focusing our youth learning and youth involvement activities in the areas of community preparedness and response. We also provide Leadership Development training and experiences.
- We offer youth a safe, educational, and fun environment in which to work and rewarding volunteer experiences.
For more information about Youth Services in San Francisco, San Mateo, and Marin Counties, please contact Kristin Tewksbury at TewksburyK@usa.redcross.org, or call (650) 259-1767.
For more information about Youth Services in Alameda, Contra Costa, and Solano Counties, please contact Jason Wallace at WallaceJ@usa.redcross.org or call (510) 595-4475.
For more information about YCE, please contact Michael Wong at WongMi@usa.redcross.org or call (415) 427-8077.
Community Preparedness Services | Youth Services
EMERGENCY SERVICES | PREPAREDNESS | TRAINING