The Red Cross Deferred Charitable Gift Annuity (DCGA) offers outstanding benefits with high rates guaranteed for life. The DGCA is especially attractive to individuals who have reached maximum contribution levels on 401(k) plans or IRAs, yet still seek a tax-advantaged method of saving for retirement. The DCGA is an irrevocable gift that supports the vital programs of the American Red Cross Bay Area.
Rates shown are based solely on age. Two-life deferred annuities available at lower rates.
- Demonstrate your compassion for your community
- Receive guaranteed payments for life beginning at a future date that you choose
- High rates that are guaranteed for your life
- Achieve peace-of-mind knowing that your income is not subject to fluctuations in the stock and bond markets
- Payments are partially income tax-free
- Receive a current income tax deduction
- Possible avoidance as well as deferral of capital gains tax
- Possible estate tax savings
- No contribution limits
- No setup costs, commissions or annual fees
- No medical questionnaire or examination
- Membership in the Legacy Society
- Minimum age 45, payments can begin at 65
- Minimum contribution of $5,000
- Make a single contribution to offset additional income tax triggered by a year-end bonus, inheritance or other "wind fall."
- Use appreciated securities to gain partial avoidance and deferral of capital gains tax
- Fund DGCA with stock options to unlock unproductive assets
- Name parents as beneficiaries to provide extra support
Before deciding on an American Red Cross Deferrred Charitable Gift Annuity, we recommend that you consult your tax advisor or attorney for full advice on the effect of your gift.
For more information and a personalized, no obligation illustration, please contact Gary Ogburn at firstname.lastname@example.org, (415) 427-8171, or Bill Ruettinger at email@example.com, (415) 427-8989.