Guaranteed Income for Life
If you are looking for ways to increase your income during retirement, the Red Cross Charitable Gift Annuity is an answer. It's a method of charitable giving that offers you a long list of benefits.
For example, if Mary Green (age 80) makes a $25,000 irrevocable gift to the American Red Cross Bay Area, the Red Cross will pay her $1,900 annually for the rest of her life with her 7.6 percent annuity rate. Payments are partially tax-free and Mary can claim a charitable deduction on this year's income tax return.
General Participant Information for an Annuity
- Minimum $5,000 contributionno maximum
- Minimum age 65 (Under 65? See the Deferred Charitable Annuity)
- Annuity programs for one life or two lives
- Simple application and contract
- Rates not based on gender or health
- No medical questionnaire or examination
- No limit on number of annuities
- Receive quarterly payments by check or direct deposit
- Fund the annuity with cash, appreciated stock or mutual funds
Your Benefits from the Red Cross Gift Annuity
- Demonstrate compassion for your community
- Support vital programs of the Red Cross
- Annuity rates and payments guaranteed for life
- Membership in the Legacy Society
- Immediate income tax deduction
- Possible avoidance as well as deferral of capital gains tax
- Possible reduction in estate tax
- No setup or annual fees
- No commissions to pay
- Never worry again about stock market and interest rate fluctuations
Before deciding on a Red Cross Charitable Gift Annunity, we recommend that you consult your tax advisor or attorney for full advice on the effect of your gift.
For more information and a personalized, no obligation illustration, please contact Gary Ogburn at firstname.lastname@example.org, (415) 427-8171, or Bill Ruettinger at email@example.com, (415) 427-8989.