SAN RAFAEL, CALIF. – January 8, 2019 – The American Red Cross Bay Area Chapter is seeking nominations for its annual heroes award breakfast in Marin County. The program is designed to celebrate the community’s everyday heroes, recognizing those individuals and organizations that make a difference in their community through acts of extraordinary kindness and courage. The heroes will be honored at the Marin County Heroes Breakfast on Wednesday, April 21 at the Four Points by Sheraton Hotel in San Rafael.
Marin County residents are encouraged to nominate a hero for one of the following categories:
- Lifesaving Hero: An adult or youth who has performed an extraordinary lifesaving act, using skills such as CPR or first aid.
- Act of Courage Hero: An adult or youth who has performed an extraordinary act of courage.
- Act of Kindness & Philanthropy Hero: An adult or youth who has shown an extreme act of kindness or selflessness.
- Community Service Hero, Individual: An adult or youth who has performed great community service.
- Community Service Hero, Organization: A business or organization that has performed great community service.
- Animal Rescue Hero: An animal that has protected a human in a time of need or a person who has rescued an animal from a traumatic situation.
Heroes award recipients will be selected by a committee of Marin County community leaders. All nominees must work or reside in Marin County.
Nominations may be submitted online at www.heroesredcrossbayarea.org. You may also request a nomination form by contacting Rita Chick of the American Red Cross Bay Area Chapter at (415) 427-8086. The deadline to submit nominations is Monday, February 15.
About the Heroes Awards Program
People in the Bay Area make a difference in the lives of others in their communities every day. The American Red Cross Bay Area Chapter and civic leaders from six counties in the Bay Area are joining together to celebrate everyday heroism, recognizing those individuals and organizations whose extraordinary acts of kindness and courage make them heroes. American Red Cross chapters around the country hold events in their communities to recognize acts of heroism by local residents and pay tribute to those who have performed lifesaving acts. Each year, nearly 900 people attend events in Alameda, Contra Costa, Marin, San Francisco, San Mateo and Solano Counties to honor local heroes. For more information about the events and corporate sponsorship opportunities, please visit www.heroesredcrossbayarea.org. All proceeds from the events support the disaster readiness and relief efforts of the American Red Cross in the Bay Area.
About the American Red Cross Bay Area Chapter
As a community-based, humanitarian organization, the American Red Cross Bay Area Chapter provides relief to those affected by disasters and empowers individuals in our community to prevent, prepare for and respond to emergencies. By helping people in the Bay Area learn how to take care of their families and neighbors, the Red Cross strengthens the community and makes it ready for all types of disasters, including home fires, earthquakes, wildfires and health emergencies. Call 1-888-4-HELP-BAY (1-888-443-5722) or visit www.redcrossbayarea.org to learn more.