Generously sponsored by the Bank of Marin, Kaiser Permanente and the Marin Independent Journal, the event will be hosted by ABC-7 News Anchor Cheryl Jennings.
Members of the Heroes Committee are proud to announce this year’s winners of the Hero Awards, which recognize members of the community who have shown courage, dedication, and character through acts of heroism and kindness.
- Life-Saving Hero: Jennifer Ani
- Life-Saving Hero, Organization: Angel Island-Tiburon Ferry, Owner Maggie McDonogh
- Public Safety Hero: Justin Barrow, San Rafael Fire Department; Paul Bradley, Sonoma County Sheriff Department; Debbie Little, Sonoma County Sheriff Department
- Act of Courage Hero, Individual(s): Sawyer Shine and Jim Kelly
- Act of Kindness Hero: Chloe Bohannon
- Community Service Hero, Organization: St. Vincent de Paul
- Community Service Hero, Individual: Bob Tanem
- Animal Rescue Hero: Lisa Cohen
- Special Recognition: Ken Massucco, Marin County Fire Chief, Retired
For more information about the Hero Awards and/or to purchase tickets, please visit www.redcrossbayarea.org/heroes or call (415) 721-2380.
About the Heroes Awards Program
People in the Bay Area make a difference in the lives of others in their communities every day. The American Red Cross Bay Area Chapter and civic leaders from six counties in the Bay Area are joining together to celebrate everyday heroism, recognizing those individuals and organizations whose extraordinary acts of kindness and courage make them heroes. American Red Cross chapters around the country hold events in their communities to recognize acts of heroism by local residents and pay tribute to those who have performed lifesaving acts. Each year, nearly 900 people attend events in Alameda, Contra Costa, Marin, San Francisco, San Mateo and Solano Counties to honor local heroes. For more information about the events and corporate sponsorship opportunities, please visit www.redcrossbayarea.org/heroes. All proceeds from the events support the disaster readiness and relief efforts of the American Red Cross in the Bay Area.
About American Red Cross Bay Area Chapter
As a community-based, humanitarian organization, the American Red Cross Bay Area Chapter provides relief to those affected by disasters and empowers individuals in our community to prevent, prepare for and respond to emergencies. By helping people in the Bay Area learn how to take care of their families and neighbors, the Red Cross strengthens the community and makes it ready for all types of disasters, including home fires, earthquakes, wildfires and health emergencies. Call 1-888-4-HELP-BAY (1-888-443-5722) or visit www.redcrossbayarea.org to learn more. You may also find us on Facebook and Twitter.